I did, however, realize that no matter how much work I do, there will always be something to do. I just have to do it in steps…
December first is this Saturday. I have decided to start a new Webbily’s Place tradition.
I love playing board games. Recently, I have found some of the tried and true classics with a twist!
Most of these games I have played more than once. They are fun, fast paced, and exciting! I really like the scrabble tiles. You can stick them on your fridge, but aren't limited to just playing the game! You can use them for other things too!
Road trip! Add excitement to travel with this sturdy, reusable classic travel game. Lea... [More]
Traveling games are amazing, they sure help pass the time with children when going long distances. This hangman game is simple AND fun!
Classic word game with a twist! Think of a word and try to stump your opponent. Include... [More]
No matter what kind of activity you are doing, there is a game for it. Happy gaming!
The sense of belonging, in reality, is a very strong bond. In family or a group of friends, belonging to someone or something gives a person a connection to life that is worth living.
It’s time to get all your shiny, gluey, crinkly, colorful craft stuff out!
Autumn is a great time to start crafting unique decorations, small mementos to send out to family during the Holiday Season, and fun seasonal activities do do with your kids!
As the days get cooler, I get this overwhelming feeling of nostalgia. I’m sure others feel the same thing I do. It’s craft season!! I love making things starting in the autumn months so I can have them ready to send off to my family and friends just in time for Thanksgiving and the Christmas season.
One year I made special Thanksgiving and Christmas greeting cards for my family. They loved how unique the cards were! Definitely not like the store bought cards!
If you ever get the feeling that you need to get your art skills out, check out some of the most awesome (and cheap) materials that you can find at the Dollar Tree!
Enjoy your autumn and happy crafting with your kids!
This last week, I have walked, in total, over 15 miles. Yeah!! I thought that was amazing when I put it all together. I couldn’t possibly tell you how many steps that is, I don’t have one of those fancy monitor things.
What I do have is a better understanding of the limits of my own body and how much I can push myself. I also like getting into the routine of walking with my friends in the morning.
I know it has been cold at times. I always tell my boys that the faster they get up, get dressed and get out, they will warm up more quickly than trying to stay in bed as long as possible.
IT’s not so bad in the summer months, but we have to walk earlier in the day to ‘beat the heat’ so to speak.. lol I didn’t mean for that to rhyme, but in all seriousness, it’s worth it to form an exercise habit and stick with your routine.
Here is a breakdown of what you can do to make your walking experience good for you.
- First you have to know where you will be walking and for how long. You can’t just go out and start walking in any direction and not have a definite plan. You could, but it won’t be habit forming and you might not get out of it what you had thought.
- Then you have to plan what time of day would be best for you. If it’s a cool tree shaded area, you might have to worry about when winter comes if you need to change your route or your time. If it’s in a warmer climate with less shade, plan for a morning start, even in the winter, this will be beneficial because of my warp up plan I ststed earlier.
- next, you need to be prepared. If you’r e going for more than a half hour, you should bring some water with you. You should also get yourself some good walking shoes (that are comfortable) a hat to protect your head, sunscreen (even in winter you can get sunburn, but less likely) and light fitting clothes.
- After you are prepared and have a set time, place, and distance, you are almost ready to go for a walk. One more thing, though, I always recommend walking with another person. You may have different paces, but you can work on your fitness together, a support system is one of the best ways to keep you going. You may not want to get out of bed or off the couch that day and your walking buddy could call and ask you “hey, are you walking with me today?” How can anyone say no to that (unless there is a legitimate sickness or pain.)
- So there you have it, plan your location, distance, time it will take, get your gear together, and find a walking buddy. You will have great walking experiences and time to socialize with your friend too!
Mysteries Around Every Corner… In Every Box!
I recently noticed when I was perusing through some interesting things on Vat19’s website that they offer what’s called ‘The Mysterious Box of Mystery.’ Hmm… I wouldn’t know what’s in there without getting one for myself.
It’s supposed to be a surprise when you open it! It could be anything from Vat19’s vast array of weird and interesting things. I like everything they have with the exception of the super spicy stuff; not so keen on those. Anyone who has an affinity for hot & spicy things, by all means order up and see how you fare on the scale of hotness.
As for the mystery box, if I do get something hot, I might try it, depending on what it is. I never know what might be waiting in that box... It's a bit scary, maybe even spooky, possibly a little fun too!
Get your own 'Mysterious Box of Mystery' and do a little sleuthing yourself!
…Spare time seems to come to me often. It challenges me, tortures me with thoughts that whisper to me… ‘I can do it later.’
What would you expect in a family trip to the beach? Whether it’s a couple of hours or all day, make the most out of your trip so the kids (and you) will be a happy bunch.
Most regular beach goers have a plan for taking the day off and heading for the cool ocean waters. A family beach trip is fun and easy to plan for. Being prepared is the most important part of this process so let’s get to it.
- Start planning at least 2 weeks in advance. Make sure you have a clear date and that there are no other obligations on that day.
- If it’s for the whole family, make sure to plan around the children’s summer programs.
- It would also be good if you are driving to estimate how long the trip will take and if you need to stop along the way.
- If you are going to bring a pet, make sure to check ahead to make sure there are pets allowed on the beach you are going to and plan accordingly.
Here are essential items you should take with you when going with your family to the beach.
Umbrellas, Chairs, & Folding Tables
Protection for important items like phones & cameras to keep the sand out.
*Last time we went, zip-top bags were used to keep devices safe.
An ice chest or cooler bag for keeping beverages, food, and snacks cool & fresh.
Don’t forget hats, sunglasses, sandals, clothing, and any accessories needed for being outside at the beach.
Have some extra cash set aside for possible beach gate entry fee, fuel, or another possible situation. It’s always a good idea to plan for emergencies.
Many families love to play at the beach with all kinds of water toys like boogie boards or surfboards. Sometimes you can rent a board or two at a local shop.
Smaller children need something to keep them safe in the water like a life jacket so check with your pediatrician for the best option.
Stearns Puddle Jumper Life JacketMake sure you bring a first aid kit that’s up to date for emergencies that might come up.
When you go to the beach, it’s imperative that you wear clothing that you are comfortable in. It’s a good idea to bring extra clothing for the end of the day so you can get out of those sandy suits!
Don’t forget nose clips, ear plugs and swim caps for the more sensitive swimmers! Goggles are also a plus if you don’t want red stinging eyes from the salty water.
Anything from plastic buckets and shovels to small construction tractors and dump trucks will help the children stay occupied.
Make sure the beach safety rules are well known and if young ones are going to be in the water, they need to be with an adult who can swim well at all times.
Siblings may seem to be the solution for watching the younger kids, but that’s only good for when an adult is supervising right there with them. Going out even a little farther than the water line could be very dangerous for young kids without an adult.
Other than battling the forces of the ocean and not ingesting too much of the salty water, playing at the beach is great fun and there are many things you can do!
You can look up what the beach community has to offer and you can plan to check out some of the local shops and restaurants in the area!
There might even be special programs that you can get the kids involved in, like looking at the wildlife in tide pools, going on a guided hike, or museum tour.
There are so many possibilities!
Just get out and have some fun at the beach with your family!
It may be the middle of August, but the cake that I have been craving is so easy to get! With all the richness and sweetness one could have in a small bite, it’s just a few clicks away!
WARNING! This post has affiliate links! This means if you buy something from clicking on these product links, you will live! (Plus it helps me post more cool things on my website.) It pays my bills, makes you a happy customer, and the company selling the product sends me a bit o’ cash! $$ Have fun Shopping! 😉-M Webbily
I want to tell you a little story...
When my mother-in-law invited us to celebrate the Christmas holiday with her, we were all happy to join her. She was notorious for her special family meals and hosting some beautiful parties. We ended up staying with her for quite a while. She didn’t mind; I’m sure my boys didn’t mind either, they got to spend more time with Grandma!
After we arrived and got settled in, we had dinner and watched TV for a while. Then, the special dessert was revealed! Her fiance had ordered for her a fruitcake! It wasn’t just any fruitcake, it was fantastically delicious!
from: Collin Street Bakery
Usually my boys are very picky about the desserts they will and will not eat, but when they tried the Collins Street Bakery DeLuxe® Fruitcake, they ate every last bite! They didn’t even leave any crumbs!
Since it is such a rich and delightful cake, we only had small slices. It was very filling and there was more cake to have later!
It is now tradition that we have fruitcake every year and we only get it from one place.