The sense of belonging, in reality, is a very strong bond. In family or a group of friends, belonging to someone or something gives a person a connection to life that is worth living.
It’s time to get all your shiny, gluey, crinkly, colorful craft stuff out!
Autumn is a great time to start crafting unique decorations, small mementos to send out to family during the Holiday Season, and fun seasonal activities do do with your kids!
As the days get cooler, I get this overwhelming feeling of nostalgia. I’m sure others feel the same thing I do. It’s craft season!! I love making things starting in the autumn months so I can have them ready to send off to my family and friends just in time for Thanksgiving and the Christmas season.
One year I made special Thanksgiving and Christmas greeting cards for my family. They loved how unique the cards were! Definitely not like the store bought cards!
If you ever get the feeling that you need to get your art skills out, check out some of the most awesome (and cheap) materials that you can find at the Dollar Tree!
Enjoy your autumn and happy crafting with your kids!
This last week, I have walked, in total, over 15 miles. Yeah!! I thought that was amazing when I put it all together. I couldn’t possibly tell you how many steps that is, I don’t have one of those fancy monitor things.
What I do have is a better understanding of the limits of my own body and how much I can push myself. I also like getting into the routine of walking with my friends in the morning.
I know it has been cold at times. I always tell my boys that the faster they get up, get dressed and get out, they will warm up more quickly than trying to stay in bed as long as possible.
IT’s not so bad in the summer months, but we have to walk earlier in the day to ‘beat the heat’ so to speak.. lol I didn’t mean for that to rhyme, but in all seriousness, it’s worth it to form an exercise habit and stick with your routine.
Here is a breakdown of what you can do to make your walking experience good for you.
- First you have to know where you will be walking and for how long. You can’t just go out and start walking in any direction and not have a definite plan. You could, but it won’t be habit forming and you might not get out of it what you had thought.
- Then you have to plan what time of day would be best for you. If it’s a cool tree shaded area, you might have to worry about when winter comes if you need to change your route or your time. If it’s in a warmer climate with less shade, plan for a morning start, even in the winter, this will be beneficial because of my warp up plan I ststed earlier.
- next, you need to be prepared. If you’r e going for more than a half hour, you should bring some water with you. You should also get yourself some good walking shoes (that are comfortable) a hat to protect your head, sunscreen (even in winter you can get sunburn, but less likely) and light fitting clothes.
- After you are prepared and have a set time, place, and distance, you are almost ready to go for a walk. One more thing, though, I always recommend walking with another person. You may have different paces, but you can work on your fitness together, a support system is one of the best ways to keep you going. You may not want to get out of bed or off the couch that day and your walking buddy could call and ask you “hey, are you walking with me today?” How can anyone say no to that (unless there is a legitimate sickness or pain.)
- So there you have it, plan your location, distance, time it will take, get your gear together, and find a walking buddy. You will have great walking experiences and time to socialize with your friend too!
It may be the middle of August, but the cake that I have been craving is so easy to get! With all the richness and sweetness one could have in a small bite, it’s just a few clicks away!
WARNING! This post has affiliate links! This means if you buy something from clicking on these product links, you will live! (Plus it helps me post more cool things on my website.) It pays my bills, makes you a happy customer, and the company selling the product sends me a bit o’ cash! $$ Have fun Shopping! 😉-M Webbily
I want to tell you a little story...
When my mother-in-law invited us to celebrate the Christmas holiday with her, we were all happy to join her. She was notorious for her special family meals and hosting some beautiful parties. We ended up staying with her for quite a while. She didn’t mind; I’m sure my boys didn’t mind either, they got to spend more time with Grandma!
After we arrived and got settled in, we had dinner and watched TV for a while. Then, the special dessert was revealed! Her fiance had ordered for her a fruitcake! It wasn’t just any fruitcake, it was fantastically delicious!
from: Collin Street Bakery
Usually my boys are very picky about the desserts they will and will not eat, but when they tried the Collins Street Bakery DeLuxe® Fruitcake, they ate every last bite! They didn’t even leave any crumbs!
Since it is such a rich and delightful cake, we only had small slices. It was very filling and there was more cake to have later!
It is now tradition that we have fruitcake every year and we only get it from one place.
WARNING! This post has affiliate links! This means if you buy something from clicking on these product links, you will live! (Plus it helps me post more cool things on my website.) It pays my bills, makes you a happy customer, and the company selling the product sends me a bit o’ cash! $$ Have fun Shopping! 😉M Webbily
Thinking.. With Your Hands!
In recent years, things have gotten more interesting. Think about silly putty and imagine it infused with magnetic magic! What about if the putty was as clear as glass? Much more fun to think about, right? But with clear putty, it might get lost if you're not careful where you put it!
My son decided he had to have this amusing and interesting goo and put it to the test. Once it arrived, he immediately opened it and played with what came in the package, which was the magnetic putty and a magnet inside a handy tin.
Then he decided to go further; 'Why stop with just one magnet?' So he got his 'rare earth' magnets out and started playing with them in the putty. It was great fun to watch as the magnets literally sank quickly in the putty to get to the other magnet that was being held on the underside of the table!
He gave it his ultimate approval and told me he would buy more once he saved enough of his allowance. He may be 16 now, but these kinds of toys will last a lifetime!
BE WARNED: It's best to wash your hands before playing with the glass putty because the natural oils on your hands will transfer to the putty and it won't be clear anymore, it will end up turning into 'frosted glass' putty, or a 'dirty glass' look.
We found this out really quick when the glass putty started to change and it wasn't clear anymore after only one use!
Over all, though, both my son and I had a lot of fun with both sets and would buy them again! I would actually check out the other putty sets and get those as well. You could collect the whole set if you wanted to!
Get Your Blood Pumping & Your Heart Healthy
I have recently started walking with a few friends in the morning and the results have been amazing! I didn’t think I could keep the schedule down and I would end up being lazy again. Well, for the last two months I haven’t let myself or my friends down.
The main idea here is to have fun while getting your body in shape and enjoying the company of friends is just a bonus (they end up getting a little exercise too!)
As we walk around our little town, we end up discovering new and exciting things every time we step out. My friends and I have some lively conversations and it’s fun to get to know them a bit better every day.
Children need motivation to get up and get out, so I challenged my boys to come with me at least a couple of times a week. I think it has worked out well because I keep things interesting, we never go the same route twice. I mix it up a little. Sometimes we go East, Sometimes West, we even might go up the road a little to walk a totally different path.We always have a good time.
Check out my review page!