The sense of belonging, in reality, is a very strong bond. In family or a group of friends, belonging to someone or something gives a person a connection to life that is worth living.
This last week, I have walked, in total, over 15 miles. Yeah!! I thought that was amazing when I put it all together. I couldn’t possibly tell you how many steps that is, I don’t have one of those fancy monitor things.
What I do have is a better understanding of the limits of my own body and how much I can push myself. I also like getting into the routine of walking with my friends in the morning.
I know it has been cold at times. I always tell my boys that the faster they get up, get dressed and get out, they will warm up more quickly than trying to stay in bed as long as possible.
IT’s not so bad in the summer months, but we have to walk earlier in the day to ‘beat the heat’ so to speak.. lol I didn’t mean for that to rhyme, but in all seriousness, it’s worth it to form an exercise habit and stick with your routine.
Here is a breakdown of what you can do to make your walking experience good for you.
- First you have to know where you will be walking and for how long. You can’t just go out and start walking in any direction and not have a definite plan. You could, but it won’t be habit forming and you might not get out of it what you had thought.
- Then you have to plan what time of day would be best for you. If it’s a cool tree shaded area, you might have to worry about when winter comes if you need to change your route or your time. If it’s in a warmer climate with less shade, plan for a morning start, even in the winter, this will be beneficial because of my warp up plan I ststed earlier.
- next, you need to be prepared. If you’r e going for more than a half hour, you should bring some water with you. You should also get yourself some good walking shoes (that are comfortable) a hat to protect your head, sunscreen (even in winter you can get sunburn, but less likely) and light fitting clothes.
- After you are prepared and have a set time, place, and distance, you are almost ready to go for a walk. One more thing, though, I always recommend walking with another person. You may have different paces, but you can work on your fitness together, a support system is one of the best ways to keep you going. You may not want to get out of bed or off the couch that day and your walking buddy could call and ask you “hey, are you walking with me today?” How can anyone say no to that (unless there is a legitimate sickness or pain.)
- So there you have it, plan your location, distance, time it will take, get your gear together, and find a walking buddy. You will have great walking experiences and time to socialize with your friend too!
…Spare time seems to come to me often. It challenges me, tortures me with thoughts that whisper to me… ‘I can do it later.’
As I was browsing through the vast empire of Roblox games, I noticed there were several simulation types so I decided to try one out…
This game is a good example of one of the better tycoon games. It has various levels of play with axes, vehicles, travel, stores, and secret missions. There are sometimes seasonal events in which it’s possible to win a badge or prize for completing them.
Starting out in the game, you spawn in front of the Wood R Us store with $20 of in-game money. You have to buy an axe before you can do much of anything else.
As the game progresses there are opportunities to upgrade your tools, expand and build on your plot of land, team up with other players, and explore the map. There are several different types of wood with varying values: the more difficult it is to collect a particular type of wood, the more value it has when you sell it.
I made a ‘wall of fame’ showing all of the different types of wood I have found, the various colors are quite interesting. Some of the wood is no longer available because it came from an event. Some of the wood is more valuable because it took me a long time to get just a little bit of it.
I recommend playing this game with friends because teamwork helps get things done faster and more efficiently. My boys love playing this game and a few times, we have all played together and have gotten the difficult and more expensive ‘Alien Wood’ in the cave, which is the glowing blue wood.
This game is fun whether you play by yourself or with friends. It is a wonderful educational game that can teach teamwork and goal setting as well as work ethics and determination.
I like this game and highly recommend it for anyone age ten and up. Younger children might not be able to read all of the in-game commentary from the characters or the shop info. Ultimately, the parent should be the judge as to whether their child can play this game.
Here is a link to the game so you can try it out for yourself!