December first is this Saturday. I have decided to start a new Webbily’s Place tradition.
I love playing board games. Recently, I have found some of the tried and true classics with a twist!
Most of these games I have played more than once. They are fun, fast paced, and exciting! I really like the scrabble tiles. You can stick them on your fridge, but aren't limited to just playing the game! You can use them for other things too!
Road trip! Add excitement to travel with this sturdy, reusable classic travel game. Lea... [More]
Traveling games are amazing, they sure help pass the time with children when going long distances. This hangman game is simple AND fun!
Classic word game with a twist! Think of a word and try to stump your opponent. Include... [More]
No matter what kind of activity you are doing, there is a game for it. Happy gaming!
It’s time to get all your shiny, gluey, crinkly, colorful craft stuff out!
Autumn is a great time to start crafting unique decorations, small mementos to send out to family during the Holiday Season, and fun seasonal activities do do with your kids!
As the days get cooler, I get this overwhelming feeling of nostalgia. I’m sure others feel the same thing I do. It’s craft season!! I love making things starting in the autumn months so I can have them ready to send off to my family and friends just in time for Thanksgiving and the Christmas season.
One year I made special Thanksgiving and Christmas greeting cards for my family. They loved how unique the cards were! Definitely not like the store bought cards!
If you ever get the feeling that you need to get your art skills out, check out some of the most awesome (and cheap) materials that you can find at the Dollar Tree!
Enjoy your autumn and happy crafting with your kids!
This last week, I have walked, in total, over 15 miles. Yeah!! I thought that was amazing when I put it all together. I couldn’t possibly tell you how many steps that is, I don’t have one of those fancy monitor things.
What I do have is a better understanding of the limits of my own body and how much I can push myself. I also like getting into the routine of walking with my friends in the morning.
I know it has been cold at times. I always tell my boys that the faster they get up, get dressed and get out, they will warm up more quickly than trying to stay in bed as long as possible.
IT’s not so bad in the summer months, but we have to walk earlier in the day to ‘beat the heat’ so to speak.. lol I didn’t mean for that to rhyme, but in all seriousness, it’s worth it to form an exercise habit and stick with your routine.
Here is a breakdown of what you can do to make your walking experience good for you.
- First you have to know where you will be walking and for how long. You can’t just go out and start walking in any direction and not have a definite plan. You could, but it won’t be habit forming and you might not get out of it what you had thought.
- Then you have to plan what time of day would be best for you. If it’s a cool tree shaded area, you might have to worry about when winter comes if you need to change your route or your time. If it’s in a warmer climate with less shade, plan for a morning start, even in the winter, this will be beneficial because of my warp up plan I ststed earlier.
- next, you need to be prepared. If you’r e going for more than a half hour, you should bring some water with you. You should also get yourself some good walking shoes (that are comfortable) a hat to protect your head, sunscreen (even in winter you can get sunburn, but less likely) and light fitting clothes.
- After you are prepared and have a set time, place, and distance, you are almost ready to go for a walk. One more thing, though, I always recommend walking with another person. You may have different paces, but you can work on your fitness together, a support system is one of the best ways to keep you going. You may not want to get out of bed or off the couch that day and your walking buddy could call and ask you “hey, are you walking with me today?” How can anyone say no to that (unless there is a legitimate sickness or pain.)
- So there you have it, plan your location, distance, time it will take, get your gear together, and find a walking buddy. You will have great walking experiences and time to socialize with your friend too!
Mysteries Around Every Corner… In Every Box!
I recently noticed when I was perusing through some interesting things on Vat19’s website that they offer what’s called ‘The Mysterious Box of Mystery.’ Hmm… I wouldn’t know what’s in there without getting one for myself.
It’s supposed to be a surprise when you open it! It could be anything from Vat19’s vast array of weird and interesting things. I like everything they have with the exception of the super spicy stuff; not so keen on those. Anyone who has an affinity for hot & spicy things, by all means order up and see how you fare on the scale of hotness.
As for the mystery box, if I do get something hot, I might try it, depending on what it is. I never know what might be waiting in that box... It's a bit scary, maybe even spooky, possibly a little fun too!
Get your own 'Mysterious Box of Mystery' and do a little sleuthing yourself!
…Spare time seems to come to me often. It challenges me, tortures me with thoughts that whisper to me… ‘I can do it later.’
What would you expect in a family trip to the beach? Whether it’s a couple of hours or all day, make the most out of your trip so the kids (and you) will be a happy bunch.
Most regular beach goers have a plan for taking the day off and heading for the cool ocean waters. A family beach trip is fun and easy to plan for. Being prepared is the most important part of this process so let’s get to it.
- Start planning at least 2 weeks in advance. Make sure you have a clear date and that there are no other obligations on that day.
- If it’s for the whole family, make sure to plan around the children’s summer programs.
- It would also be good if you are driving to estimate how long the trip will take and if you need to stop along the way.
- If you are going to bring a pet, make sure to check ahead to make sure there are pets allowed on the beach you are going to and plan accordingly.
Here are essential items you should take with you when going with your family to the beach.
Umbrellas, Chairs, & Folding Tables
Protection for important items like phones & cameras to keep the sand out.
*Last time we went, zip-top bags were used to keep devices safe.
An ice chest or cooler bag for keeping beverages, food, and snacks cool & fresh.
Don’t forget hats, sunglasses, sandals, clothing, and any accessories needed for being outside at the beach.
Have some extra cash set aside for possible beach gate entry fee, fuel, or another possible situation. It’s always a good idea to plan for emergencies.
Many families love to play at the beach with all kinds of water toys like boogie boards or surfboards. Sometimes you can rent a board or two at a local shop.
Smaller children need something to keep them safe in the water like a life jacket so check with your pediatrician for the best option.
Stearns Puddle Jumper Life JacketMake sure you bring a first aid kit that’s up to date for emergencies that might come up.
When you go to the beach, it’s imperative that you wear clothing that you are comfortable in. It’s a good idea to bring extra clothing for the end of the day so you can get out of those sandy suits!
Don’t forget nose clips, ear plugs and swim caps for the more sensitive swimmers! Goggles are also a plus if you don’t want red stinging eyes from the salty water.
Anything from plastic buckets and shovels to small construction tractors and dump trucks will help the children stay occupied.
Make sure the beach safety rules are well known and if young ones are going to be in the water, they need to be with an adult who can swim well at all times.
Siblings may seem to be the solution for watching the younger kids, but that’s only good for when an adult is supervising right there with them. Going out even a little farther than the water line could be very dangerous for young kids without an adult.
Other than battling the forces of the ocean and not ingesting too much of the salty water, playing at the beach is great fun and there are many things you can do!
You can look up what the beach community has to offer and you can plan to check out some of the local shops and restaurants in the area!
There might even be special programs that you can get the kids involved in, like looking at the wildlife in tide pools, going on a guided hike, or museum tour.
There are so many possibilities!
Just get out and have some fun at the beach with your family!
WARNING! This post has affiliate links! This means if you buy something from clicking on these product links, you will live! (Plus it helps me post more cool things on my website.) It pays my bills, makes you a happy customer, and the company selling the product sends me a bit o’ cash! $$ Have fun Shopping! 😉M Webbily
Thinking.. With Your Hands!
In recent years, things have gotten more interesting. Think about silly putty and imagine it infused with magnetic magic! What about if the putty was as clear as glass? Much more fun to think about, right? But with clear putty, it might get lost if you're not careful where you put it!
My son decided he had to have this amusing and interesting goo and put it to the test. Once it arrived, he immediately opened it and played with what came in the package, which was the magnetic putty and a magnet inside a handy tin.
Then he decided to go further; 'Why stop with just one magnet?' So he got his 'rare earth' magnets out and started playing with them in the putty. It was great fun to watch as the magnets literally sank quickly in the putty to get to the other magnet that was being held on the underside of the table!
He gave it his ultimate approval and told me he would buy more once he saved enough of his allowance. He may be 16 now, but these kinds of toys will last a lifetime!
BE WARNED: It's best to wash your hands before playing with the glass putty because the natural oils on your hands will transfer to the putty and it won't be clear anymore, it will end up turning into 'frosted glass' putty, or a 'dirty glass' look.
We found this out really quick when the glass putty started to change and it wasn't clear anymore after only one use!
Over all, though, both my son and I had a lot of fun with both sets and would buy them again! I would actually check out the other putty sets and get those as well. You could collect the whole set if you wanted to!