I don’t see it that way at all, they just aren’t looking hard enough. I have lived here almost 9 years and have found amazing things to photograph. I have found secrets. There are hidden treasures here.
This last week, I have walked, in total, over 15 miles. Yeah!! I thought that was amazing when I put it all together. I couldn’t possibly tell you how many steps that is, I don’t have one of those fancy monitor things.
What I do have is a better understanding of the limits of my own body and how much I can push myself. I also like getting into the routine of walking with my friends in the morning.
I know it has been cold at times. I always tell my boys that the faster they get up, get dressed and get out, they will warm up more quickly than trying to stay in bed as long as possible.
IT’s not so bad in the summer months, but we have to walk earlier in the day to ‘beat the heat’ so to speak.. lol I didn’t mean for that to rhyme, but in all seriousness, it’s worth it to form an exercise habit and stick with your routine.
Here is a breakdown of what you can do to make your walking experience good for you.
- First you have to know where you will be walking and for how long. You can’t just go out and start walking in any direction and not have a definite plan. You could, but it won’t be habit forming and you might not get out of it what you had thought.
- Then you have to plan what time of day would be best for you. If it’s a cool tree shaded area, you might have to worry about when winter comes if you need to change your route or your time. If it’s in a warmer climate with less shade, plan for a morning start, even in the winter, this will be beneficial because of my warp up plan I ststed earlier.
- next, you need to be prepared. If you’r e going for more than a half hour, you should bring some water with you. You should also get yourself some good walking shoes (that are comfortable) a hat to protect your head, sunscreen (even in winter you can get sunburn, but less likely) and light fitting clothes.
- After you are prepared and have a set time, place, and distance, you are almost ready to go for a walk. One more thing, though, I always recommend walking with another person. You may have different paces, but you can work on your fitness together, a support system is one of the best ways to keep you going. You may not want to get out of bed or off the couch that day and your walking buddy could call and ask you “hey, are you walking with me today?” How can anyone say no to that (unless there is a legitimate sickness or pain.)
- So there you have it, plan your location, distance, time it will take, get your gear together, and find a walking buddy. You will have great walking experiences and time to socialize with your friend too!
Get Your Blood Pumping & Your Heart Healthy
I have recently started walking with a few friends in the morning and the results have been amazing! I didn’t think I could keep the schedule down and I would end up being lazy again. Well, for the last two months I haven’t let myself or my friends down.
The main idea here is to have fun while getting your body in shape and enjoying the company of friends is just a bonus (they end up getting a little exercise too!)
As we walk around our little town, we end up discovering new and exciting things every time we step out. My friends and I have some lively conversations and it’s fun to get to know them a bit better every day.
Children need motivation to get up and get out, so I challenged my boys to come with me at least a couple of times a week. I think it has worked out well because I keep things interesting, we never go the same route twice. I mix it up a little. Sometimes we go East, Sometimes West, we even might go up the road a little to walk a totally different path.We always have a good time.
Check out my review page!